Monday, January 7, 2008

On Studs and Studs


This is one of several reasons why I can't seem to pry myself away from Southwind Farm: one of the boarders, a good pal, recently put up a wall calendar in the loo called "Studs 'n Spurs."  Now one has the pleasure of um, sitting, and reflecting on, as the ad says, "handsome faces, sculpted bodies and surly smiles."  Sheri Thornley, owner and resident camp counselor (that is, if you consider Southwind as some sort of recreational institution for slightly deranged, mainly middle-aged women), has claimed Mr. January for her very own . . .

Speaking of studs, my adored Mr. Beau managed to lose several from his right-front hoof, thus "throwing" his shoe.  Of course, he hung onto the shoe for jumping with Meredith on Saturday.  Then he overheard my plans for a dressage coaching session with Susan on Sunday and decided, "well, I'm going to put a stop to that!"  Anything to get out of flat work.

1 comment:

susanjl said...

Cudos on featuring the Studs N Spurs calender front and center in your blog. I'm glad to see that you are prioritizing correctly! This is truly and eclectic blog.